We celebrate and honour the achievements of women across the payments ecosystem. Recipients are women who have distinguished themselves as leaders, innovators, rising stars, and consummate professionals.
Through our awards program, we present awards to honour women payments professionals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, innovation and promise. An Awards Committee comprised of senior women leaders from across the payments industry will review nominations, and awards will be presented at an Awards ceremony.
Each nominee can only be nominated for one award category, duplicate nominations will not be accepted.
The 2022 Australia award nominations are closed.
The Women in Payments Award for Innovation will be awarded to a nominee who has promoted payments innovation through creativity, vision, and perseverance in her organization or the payments industry. The nominee has been instrumental in promoting innovations or creative re-engineering.
- Evidence of work that supports and prioritizes the customer experience
- Work shows evidence of creating a significant impact on businesses and customers
- Innovations are quickly and effectively adopted and applied to other industries
- Innovations have evidence-based results that are measurable
- Evidence that the candidate supports and inspires others in the organization or industry to innovate
- References show the nominee is widely recognized for her expertise and actively works to empower others
- Demonstrates integrity and sets a high professional standard for ethics and quality work
The Women in Payments Emerging Leader Award will be awarded to a woman who has demonstrated leadership and professional excellence in the payments industry, supports other talented payments professionals and is committed to motivating others to make a positive impact in the payments industry. The nominee is currently employed in the country of which the award program is being held.
- Examples of leadership, vision, maturity and perseverance in her career
- Evidence that the candidate is actively involved in promoting the payments community within her organization and the payments industry at large
- The Nominee is committed to further learning and development
- References confirm candidate leads by example and freely shares knowledge with peers, clients, and stakeholders
- Evidence showing exceptional and ongoing achievements have made demonstrable contributions to their institutions
- Examples of when the candidate demonstrated high integrity and set high professional standards for ethics and quality of work
- Currently employed in Australia
ADVOCATE FOR WOMEN
The Women in Payments Advocate for Women Award will be awarded to a nominee who actively contributes to the advancement and development of women either inside or outside his/her organization.
- Actively demonstrates a commitment to the advancement of gender equality, including equal pay and equal opportunities for career growth
- Evidence of publicly championing and celebrating the work and accomplishment of female leaders
- The candidate is a Mentor, advises and nurtures emerging female talent & leadership in the payments industry
- Candidate provides a positive forum and platform for women to network and find mentors in their industry
- Actively uses his/her position of influence to encourage the promotion/hiring of strong female talent
- Creates or supports leadership development programs, works with educators to promote the importance of STEM education for girls and creates excitement about career opportunities available to girls in payments & fintech sectors
- Encourages debate and brings awareness to the importance of gender diversity at the C-level
DISTINGUISHED PAYMENTS PROFESSIONAL
The Women in Payments Distinguished Payments Professional Award is a lifetime achievement honour, to recognize a leading woman who has made a significant contribution to the payments industry. It will be awarded to a woman who is an acknowledged trendsetter, role model, and positive contributor to the overall positive image of the industry.
- Influences on industry trends
- Actively involved with various stakeholders in the industry
- Contributes to the positive perception of the industry
- Evidence of collaboration
- Examples of diplomacy, professionalism and high ethical standards in all aspects of their work
- Evidence of actively contributing to the collective success of the payments industry as a whole
- Nominee leads by example and motivates others, acts as a mentor, teacher or advisor to members of the industry
SOCIAL IMPACT AND SUSTAINABILITY AWARD
The Women in Payments Social Impact Award will be awarded to a woman in the industry who best meets the following criteria:
- Is a strong leader and advocate for sustainability, social justice, and mental health in her field within the payments industry.
- Consistently seizes opportunities to steer co-workers and/or the wider industry to a place of positivity, empathy and mutual support.
- Has shown steadfastness in navigating projects, leading teams and/or accomplishing goals despite difficulty or changing circumstances.
- Has a clear and strong idea of what she sees for a sustainable future for her organization, her team, and/or the payments industry.
- Has taken leadership action with initiatives that supported her community, both professional and personal, in a sustainable way. Strong commitment to sustainable practices and positive mental health of her team, her organization, and those around her.